Tray Loaders/Slug Loaders
Automatically loads product into pre-formed trays in one continuous operation.
- Fed directly from sandwiching machine.
- Automatically counts finished sandwiches into groups.
- Automatically loads slugs into trays.
- Delivers trays to a conveyor for packaging
The Peters® TL is an automatic Tray Loader which, when connected in-line to a Peters® 2-lane or 4-lane sandwiching machine, counts finished sandwiches into groups, loads them into trays and delivers the trays to a conveyor for packaging.
- 2-lane or 4-lane configuration to suit production requirements.
- Flexible: can load either single or multiple cell trays, with up to 23 sandwiches per slug.
- Speeds: dependent on slug size. Maximum speed is 50 placements per minute or 800 sandwiches per lane (whichever comes first).
- Shapes: can handle most basecake shapes, including round, square, or rectangle including a wide variety of specialty shapes.
- Standard product size range of 40 mm - 70 mm
- Sanitary Design with stainless steel and aluminum construction - no painted surfaces in the product zone.
- Accuracy: driven by the sandwiching machine to ensure precise timing for loading and delivery of sandwiches.
- Finished sandwich slugs are "timed" and precisely placed into trays.
- Automatic handling through the sandwiching machine and tray loader eliminates the need for a cooling tunnel and manual counting and transferring of finished sandwiches into trays.
- Plastic trays: can handle a wide variety of sizes to meet production requirements.
- Positive counting mechanism delivers accurate slug counts, slugs are not measured.
- No slug pressure: ensures gentle handling of finished sandwiches through TL.
- Fully automatic: reduces labor cost, scrap, human error and increases throughput.
- Retrofit available for most existing 2-lane or 4-lane Peters sandwiching machines.